Yummy Banana Pancakes You Can Make With The Kids [Guest Post]
Kids tend to understand healthy food when they understand the value of cooking, and we don't have to mention the practical skills involved.
It’s also a great way to bond with kids and enjoy each other’s company. Since it’s never too late (or early), get the kids to grab their aprons and check out our recipe below!
We got Cherry of creative lifestyle blog, Cherry and Me, to show us how it’s done. Cherry loves getting creative in the kitchen and says it’s super-duper easy-peasy as all you need is bananas and eggs! Not to mention a love of cooking.
Cherry’s Tips for the Perfect Banana Pancakes
- You can make as much or as little banana batter as you like as long as you remember the ratio. One banana will mean you need two eggs.
- This recipe works best when you use ripe brown dotty bananas. They add sweetness and are easy to squish. (It’s also a great way to use bananas that the kids won’t eat now that they’re brown.)
- A pinch or salt and a sprinkle of cinnamon will add extra yumminess.
Banana Pancake Cooking Instructions:
- Gather your ingredients. One banana for every two eggs should make enough for two
- Mash up bananas using a fork.
- Crack the eggs and mix with a spoon.
- With the help of a parent, pour mixture onto hot pan. Flip when you spot bubbles to cook both sides.
- Place on plate and allow to cool. Be sure to serve these delicious banana pancakes on their own or with maple syrup, jam, peanut butter or Nutella!
Watch Cherry share her recipe and show us how it's done (or pin our handy poster to your Pinterest Board below the video):
Print or Pin our four step poster below for quick and easy activity ideas.
Enjoy your yummy pancakes!
Or, check out some more ideas on creating magic moments with your bub.